Translations and adaptations for specific countries and Virtual Learning Environments (aka Learning Management Systems) are available to download on this page. You must register on this website and log in to access the materials.
Foreign Language Adaptations
The following translations have been contributed by members of the ABC Learning Design community. There are currently more than 10 translations available, with more being added all the time. If you would like to share an adaptation with the community, please contact Natasa and Clive via the contact page.
- Croatian translation (zip 11.3 MB) – kindly provided by Sandra Kučina Softić, Tamara Birkić and Tona Radobolja from University of Zagreb University Computing Centre.
- Czech translation (zip 23.5 Mb)- kindly provided by Zbyněk Tonar and Milena Králíčková, Charles University in Prague https://cczv.cuni.cz. More information https://cczv.cuni.cz/CCZV-342.html
- Danish translation (zip 17.3 MB) – kindly provided by Svend Tveden-Nyborg and Anders Nordbøge Thiel from Absalon professionshøjskole.
- Dutch translation (“ABC Curriculumontwerp”) (zip 320KB) – kindly provided by Teaching & Learning Centre, Universiteit van Amsterdam.
- Estonian translation (zip 4 MB) – kindly provided by Linda Helene Sillat, Kaire Kollom and colleagues from Tallinna Ülikool, Estonia.
- Finnish translation and adaptation (zip 23.1 MB) kindly provided by Sanna-Katja Parikka and Veera Kallunki from the Educational Technology Services at the University of Helsinki, Finland.
- Flemish translation (zip 1.8 MB) – kindly provided by our colleagues Sylke Vandercruysse, Delphine Wante and Sofie Bamelis from VIVES Hogeschool, Belgium.
- French translation (zip 9.2 MB) – kindly provided by our colleagues Bernold Hasenknopf and Vassiliki Michou, Sorbonne University (localized version).
- Italian translation (zip 13.3 MB) – kindly provided by Manuela Milani and Iris Pinelli from Università degli Studi di Milano – UniMi.
- Japanese translation (zip 30MB) – kindly provided by Sato Hiroaki, Chiharu Negishi and Shunsuke Tao from Department of teaching and Learning Support, Osaka University.
- Norwegian translation (zip 314KB) – kindly provided by Vegard Skipnes / LearningLab / BI Norwegian Business School (https://www.bi.edu/)
- Romanian translation (zip 25MB) – kindly provided by Diana Andone and Vlad Mihaescu, Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara
(https://elearning.upt.ro/ro/project/abc-to-vle-beyond-curriculum-design-2/). Video about their work: https://youtu.be/5wGa-jajFU4.
- Spanish translation (url) – kindly provided by Robert Pardo and Centro de Apendizaje UAI, Universidad Adolfo Ibanez, Santiago, Chile. @ApendizajeUAI
- Swedish translation (zip 1.2 MB) – kindly provided by Maria Sunnerstam, Pedagogisk utvecklare, PIL-enheten, Göteborgs universitet.
- Welsh translation (zip 331KB) – kindly provided by Dewi Parry, Swyddog Technoleg Dysgu | Learning Technology Officer Canolfan Arloesedd Addysg | Centre for Education Innovation Adran Ymgysylltu â Myfyrwyr a Chefnogaeth Addysgol | Student Engagement and Education Support Division Prifysgol Caerdydd | Cardiff University.
Several more translations are in the pipeline, including German and Basque.
English Language Adaptations
As well as the standard ABC workshop, created at University College London in the UK, some other English language adaptations exist that have been modified to suit the language, culture and drivers of other countries:
- DCU Localisations of Classic ABC Materials – kindly provided by Clare Gormley and Mark Glynn of DCU (Dublin City University) Teaching Enhancement Unit.
- KU Leuven localisations of Classic ABC Materials (zip 20.3 MB), including a scenario (in Dutch) – kindly provided by Ine Rens and Elke Van der Stappen of KU Leuven Educational Development Unit.
VLE / LMS Specific Adaptations
Some version of ABC have been developed for specific Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs), otherwise known as Learning Management Systems (LMS). These include versions for Moodle and Canvas VLE/LMS.
- ABC LD for UCL Moodle (English) (zip 331KB) – kindly provided by Jessica Gramp of UCL (University College London) Digital Education. Contains cards and tools wheel. Please obtain the rest of the ABC LD toolkit from the Downloads page.
- ABC LD for Canvas (English) (zip ?? MB) coming soon…