- This event has passed.
Webinar: To VLE and Beyond? Revisiting ABC Learning Design 15 May 2023
15 May @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm BST
In recent years, the use of ABC Learning Design grown rapidly across Higher Education and other domains. Last November a major survey Approaches to curriculum and learning design across UK higher education reported; “The ABC model featured in 32 of 79 responses (40% of the open text comments mentioned using ABC or an adaptation of it)”.
One of reasons for this remarkable uptake is how easily ABC can be ‘localised’ to meet institutional needs, and the EU Erasmus project ABC to VLE project (2018-2020) even developed a toolkit to help this process.
But how exactly has ABC evolved and been modified since its launch in 2015? The webinar explored reflections, challenges and case studies from across the UK and Europe.
Recording of the event: https://mediacentral.ucl.ac.uk/Play/98025
Welcome (Leo) 0:00:00
Intro (Clive) 0:00:47
Q and A 2:10:40
Survey responses 2:13:30
- Clive Young, Introduction to the webinar. Presentation slides.
- Sheila MacNeill, JISC/Independent consultant, Beyond Blended: approaches to curriculum and learning design across the HE sector. Presentation slides
- John Kerr, The University of Glasgow, A practical overview of how [digital] ABC has been supporting course mapping at Glasgow. Presentation slides
- Manuela Milani, Humanitas University, Milan, Design and/or re-design: hints for reflection on the use of ABC when designing or redesigning teaching. Presentation slides (PDF)
- Tim Neumann, UCL Knowledge Lab, It’s a start, not the end: Purpose, Practicality and Positioning of digital ABC workshops and their outputs. Presentation slides
- Vassiliki Michou, Sorbonne University, 4EU+ Alliance, Paris, The ABC-LD training at the 4EU+ Alliance Digital ABC – Purpose Practicality and Positioning
- François Jourde, European Schools, Brussels, An online suite for ABC learning designers: spreadsheet template and extended visual dashboard. Presentation slides
- Loulou Detienne, VIVES University of Applied Sciences, Challenges and future plans for the ABC design method in VIVES
- Clare Gormley, Dublin City University, Leveraging ABC for enhancing reflection and inclusivity in teaching practice. Presentation slides
and UCL Programme Development Team
- Clive Young
- Leo Havemann
- Karen Shackleford-Cesare
- Nataša Perović